Sunday, August 8, 2010

Knock Knock. Helloooo? Anyone there? Ya, tons are.

I am standing at my personal portal to the "Internets", the tubes if you will that the dear late Senator Ted Kennedy referred to some years ago.  Oh shit, what's that?  Some really creative and witty people just whizzed by with the stuff that makes me laugh and wish I could find words that some how string together so *funnily* and interestingly.  Sure, I'm a pro surfer (read: shopper/researcher) by now, but writer and creator? I am officially three sentences in and digging it.  And, while I am over-analyzing every word choice so as not to take you down the path of how gratifying it was to get my laundry done or foist upon you the same wit and/or drivel you have already read... I like this.  I could write for me, myself and I, and no one else, and find the process gratifying.   I'm self absorbed.  Nah, not moi...  I'm not going to lie, maybe a little, but the truth is, I like to put words together and always have.

I am a mom to two little ones.  The 6 year old is, just in time, turning a corner and becoming really enjoyable.  She almost got sent back.  The 4 year old is a fine young man all-the-way around, but could whine a bit less (...in an effort to keep my comments "even".  I am now the master at keeping every last molecule of oxygen and or food/toy item -"even.").  Their hair is as red/orange as the setting sun.  People ask me if it's dyed.  Doesn't everyone dye their kids hair? They also get spray-tanned.

He, who is being referred to as Jose (at this time) has been mine for 15 years and is a stellar fellow.  Sharp as a tack.  He keeps my shoes organized and my heart full of love and some irritation now and again.  He's also hot.  He looks better as he gets older which is just... friggin' beyond annoying.

I currently stay at home with the little people (young) that live here.  I usta work in apparel merchandising and miss getting paid for my work.  Such a loaded topic.  It's been a tough road wrought with isolation, self-doubt and the overwhelming desire to have some time to myself.  Such first-world problems.  Truly.  Absolutely.  Remember, self- absorbed...  But, maybe, amid the need for "space" or the wanting my girl to stop running around like a feral child or the boy with the "maaaaam, she _____", it's also okay, because these are my experiences and as long as I can remember to raise my head up once in a while to take the long view, to remember how blessed I am to have the mass gobs of love I have (and the courage to make needed change when necessary), things will unfurl as God intends.

Right on.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blog-o-sphere! Stringing words is in our genes somewhere and I look forward to reading more of yours. I love the blog name. See ya round the interwebz!

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Aunt T. Seems like the readin and writin is programmed in, for sure. There will be nothing ground breaking here... Just my thoughts, which are "worthy", but I, in my room with the laptop am not curing cancer, not will I be posting a brilliant plan to unite Isarel and Palestine. I will complain, find beauty, swoon and whine. It's sorta my journal. Do you have one? I wanna subscribe if so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. I plan on reading more of Rouxtown. I literally feel my blood pressure lower after I write a blog. Very cathartic. God bless the "internets."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Red-headed, squirrely, and saucy-so cute! Groovin on your writing style, your honesty, and ability to communicate so well. Love that Colby family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an honor to be here at the inception! I am very glad you took the step. Your, self effacing unfrilled views are very refreshing and they reveal a view of the world that has been lost to a certain extent. You have always helped your friends and loved ones keeps their head in the game at a human level. That is a talent which you demonstrate in abundance. I have a Journal and you, sweetheart, are the main character. Please show your terrific sense of humor. Love you to pieces, Dad

    ReplyDelete